October 15, 2004

Three Days and Counting

I am leaving in three days. Monday evening I will be well on my way to Vermont. I have all of my maps together and have contacted my peeps across the country announcing the arrival of Mrs. Han Solo the Adventurer.

I don't think anybody is really looking at this page. It really isn't that exciting right now. As I am using the library's computer, I can't download pics. It sucks. I really need to get things going with my laptop. But if you knew.... If you really knew just how much stuff I have to pack, you would have a heart attack. As I look back on Aunt Gloria (see earlier post) I think that can't be me. I learned how to hoard from my mother. She was a hoarder as was her mother before her and her mother before her. It's in my blood. My friend Gail has been very helpful in getting me to purge things. I still have so much to do - the bedroom, kitchen and living room. Out of those three, the livingroom is the farthest along. Bedroom comes in a close second. Kitchen hasn't been touched. Procrastination is my middle name.

The car is in the shop and won't be ready until Saturday. My brother and mother will be bringing it down for me on Sunday. I wish I had the car sooner. Nothing I can do about it now. I just hope and pray it makes it to Vermont.

I hear that my apartment in Vermont is partially furnished. I don't know how long I will be sleeping on my air mattress and lounging in my camping chairs. I plan (ha ha ha) to lead a very minimalist life in Vermont. I am bringing CDs, computer and clothes. That's about it. Not much more to it.

Okay, there is a dude (40ish) ppsst-ing in the library to get the attention of his friend or maybe one of the librairans. Can't tell. He waves at them. KNOCK IT OFF. Can I tell you how annoying that is to me? The library is not for ppssting. He and his kid are both using the computers. Look Pops, I think it's time for you to invest in a computer at home so you can ppsst all you want with your family. I pray to get DSL when I get to Vermont. Maybe I could offer him the extra computer I have? No. I don't think I will.

I am glad to not be commuting to McElroy anymore. The drive was rather long and taxing on my patience and car. I do want to thank all of you McElroy people who took me out my last night. I really appreciate it. (yes, pictures to follow one of these days...)

While I was taking a break from packing, I watched Step Into Liquid, which is an awesome surf film. If you haven't seen it, you really should. I now wish I had seen Riding Giants (another surfing film) while it was in the theaters. If it was anything like Step Into Liquid, it would have been worth seeing in the theater.

Enough for tonight. I am sure you are yawning and saying to yourself that you will delete this from your favorites.

No comments: