October 29, 2004

Good Bye Cleveland - Hello New York!





Tuesday night, I went out with Helen to her brother-in-law's restaurant, "SULLIVAN'S" (which is in Lakewood, should you stop by there...) They have the BEST cheese/potato appetizer thingy. I thought I should mention it, since it was so darn good. Ah, I am dreaming about it now!!

Thursday afternoon, Joe, Patrick, Helen and I played baseball for a bit before I took off for New York. It was so nice spending time with them. I look forward to seeing them again very soon.

The road to New York was pretty calm. I left at about 3pm and arrived in Buffalo at about 8pm. I stopped off for gas and a stretch a couple of times. When I got to Buffalo, I stayed at the Red Roof Inn. The accomodations were quite pleasant. I found an Italian restaurant that served hot wings and took them and a slice of pepperoni back to the hotel. I just HAD to eat pizza in New York and Buffalo wings in Buffalo! They were pretty good, too. While I dined, I watched Extreme Makeover on ABC. My friend Eliza Kotin was on it. I had gone to her reveal a few weeks earlier. It was interesting seeing the whole process from the viewpoint of somebody I actually know. Then again, that's Los Angeles for you. I know a few people involved with reality shows. Three are or were contestants, and the other two did/do production. I think I will miss that showbiz part of my life a bit. But with all that I have seen along my trip, I have more material for writing. That will propel me back into that world when I sell one of my screenplays.

I think I am going to bed soon. The plan for the next day is to stop off at Niagra Falls before heading to Vermont...

No comments: