October 26, 2004

Ames to Chicago - still more fields



My journey from Ames to Chicago begins...

The road to Chicago was rather uneventful. I had a delightful time with my friend Michelle and her friends. I left Ames around 8am, as Michelle had to go for a marathon/walk/run. Not much happening on the road to Chicago. Imagine this... more fields. I even saw COWS!

I stopped off at places to gas up and eat lunch. I have to say that Nebraska is a better place for roadside rest stops. Who knew I would become such an expert? I had a good time listening to the local radio and a few CDs. I finished the DaVinci Code, and though I liked the first half of the story, I thought the ending was lame. Still, it was a nice change from music. I still have a bunch of audio books that I am excited about digging into.

I got to Chicago around 5:30pm. My Uncle George and Aunt Jean live in Elmhurst, which is a 'burb west of Chicago. Jean made me a yummy tuna sandwich and then we went swimming. We talked for hours and I think I went to bed around 10:30. In the morning, Jean and I went swimming again. It was neat meeting some of the people in her building. They were very friendly and chatty. We did excercises in the pool together. It was really fun. As Uncle George wasn't feeling well, Jean and I ate lunch in the building's dining hall.

I took off at around 3pm for Cleveland.

No comments: