November 13, 2006

More from August

I just thought I should add a tiny bit more about my time with Sarah in August. I re-read my blog and realized I said NOTHING about the concert.

  • I went to the Dave Mathews Band concert in Hartford, CT. Met up with Stephanie and her friend Jesse. Though it wasn't Jesse's kind of music, he was a good sport for coming along. (Though the big reason he was there was just to be with Stephanie. tee hee!) The concert was great, though not quite as spectacular as the Saratoga Springs show. I don't remember the opening band, but Dave was good. The arena was in an amphitheater that holds about 25,000, which was bigger than the Saratoga Springs show. I think it was a pretty good venue. There were a couple of things about the Saratoga Springs amphitheater that makes me not want to go back there. But I recently found out that on the latest CD set from DMB, they have a song from the day we went to Saratoga Springs. It's almost like you can here me cheering in the background!
  • I drove back to New Milton, to Sarah's house (she was in NYC and I was to let myself back in with the spare key) and couldn't open the door. I slept in my car and took a spit bath in the evil Walmart. It was a bad night and my car wasn't that comfy.
  • Sarah took a pregnancy test and confirmed what she thought was a positive. Hurray!
  • NYC was really great. It was fun riding the trains and subways. Sarah was a good tour guide. The area we were in reminded me of a taller version of Las Vegas. There were big neon lights everywhere. It was crowded. Vendors on the street. Smells (good and bad) and it was loud. It's something I don't miss when I am in Burlington. Nope. Don't miss it at all. I do have to go back there to see how it looks in the winter. I think I need to go explore it again next summer. I want to do some of the touristy things one should do in NYC. (And see more shows!)
  • I stopped off not only at Target, but Trader Joe's as well. I missed them so much!

No comments: