November 14, 2006

I love my dentist!

Can you believe anybody would actually say that? I do. I really do. Unlike the dentist in Little Shop of Horrors, my dentist is wonderful and not at all into pain for his clients.

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/little-shop-of-horrors-dentist-lyrics.html

I had my very first cavity and had it filled yesterday. It was a lovely experience. They shot me with novocaine and fed me laughing gas. Now, I wasn't particularly giggly or spacey. Just calmer than I think I probably would have been without it. I even watched for a few minutes. The shots of novocaine were the worst part of the whole experience, and only the first shot at that.

Though I felt I was drooly for about two hours afterwards, I managed to eat some soup and potstickers, albeit carefully. The cavity was between two teeth and not very big. The dentist said I was a very good patient. GOLD STAR FOR ME!

You know, I felt nothing during the proceedure to the point where if he had filed off all of my teeth, I wouldn't really have noticed or cared. THAT'S good dentistry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

It's always good to find a great dentist. :)