October 17, 2005

Rain, rain, go away...

Here's a recap of the weekend. But first, I must speak on an opportunity I let go. We just got a new phone system in the office. Along with a new phone system meant new recording for the company's general voice mail and extra lines. I was given the opportunity to do it. I passed it on to another co-worker who I felt had a better voice. In retrospect, was that a completely dumbass thing to do? Perhaps it was. I only regret not doing it a little bit. I guess if I am blogging about it, it meant more to me than I care to let on. I am sure Evil Kdar is laughing about it as I speak. Anyhooo, I really think my co-worker has a better voice. I am also so out of practice and touch with doing professional sounding VO. Sigh.

Onto the weekend recap....

Due to thunderous flooding and rain in the Southeast area, Sherri didn't come up. It was for the best. The weather was really sucky. REALLY sucky. I spent the whole weekend inside watching tv and movies. I did go see "The Aristocrats" at an 11:45 pm showing Saturday night. It's not a movie for the faint of heart, morally sound, or people who hate South Park humor. I have to say that I thought great moments of it was HILARIOUS. All rather gross, but I knew that going into it. Freakin' ass funny. OMIGAWD. So wrong, so wrong. But funny. But so wrong.

Sunday I went to church, saw "Elizabethtown", which my friend Alex worked on. That was his 3rd film with Cameron Crowe. I would put more down here about it, but I really want to talk with Alex about his experience on it first. It wasn't spectacular or life changing. I thought the music was pretty good and there were a few scenes that I really, really thought were great. (More on that later.) Overall though... hmmm. Not the best Cameron Crowe movie. I wish he would break out and do something really crazy and different.

It rained Saturday. It rained Sunday. Oh, another fun thing I did Sunday was help my landlady decorate the front of the house with Halloween stuff. Not sure if I will be setting up shop to pass out candy or some other junk to the kids this year. I probably will. I don't have anything going on.

I do need a costume. Any ideas? I am looking for something timely/newsworthy and possibly politically incorrect.

1 comment:

wehotom said...

It's nice to see you writing again!