October 02, 2005

Fair and art pics - my exciting city!

I should have posted this stuff ages ago, but at least they are here....

A few weeks ago, I went with Carrie and her brother, Jim to the Chittenden County Fair. Here’s Jim.

According to my sources, this is the biggest fair in the state. It ain’t no LA or Orange County fair, nope. Even Ventura’s fair is massive compared to this. Still, they had some pretty big headliners come and perform – Tim McGraw for example. (No, I didn’t see his show.) There were pig races, lots of cows (see photo) and the mid-way section had some decent looking rides,

All in all, it was a good fair. I had a good time.

After the week of the fair, Burlington had what they call the ART HOP. Around the few blocks where my office is, various buildings and businesses displayed artwork. It ranged from metal sculptures to wall hangings of oil, pastel and… stuff like this wonder. The talent of the artists varied from my kind of first grade drawing (I can only make stick figures) to some people with real, marketable talent. I walked around with Wick and Meg for a couple of hours to see the sites. There were a few bands and refreshment stands. I was really impressed with just how many people showed up for it. In my office building, the three of four floors’ hallways are covered in artwork. It’s really cool to walk around every day and see this stuff. Here are a few more examples.

No comments: