April 01, 2005

Being sick sucks

Not to state the obvious. I suppose with some illnesses, being sick can work in your favor.

Yesterday, I was down on my game. We lost. I am sure it was becuase I was sick and had nothing to do with the fact that my average is 79. When I did call upon the spirit of John Cusack, I did get a strike. Same with Lavar Burton. Yoda landed me a spare. But Lief Garett, Shawn Cassidy, Phil Collins and Patrick Stewart did nothing for me.

I came home and watched Angie on the Apprentice. I fear she is close to being out. Looks like Carolyn is a supporter, but George wasn't too pleased with her. It will be interesting to see what happens.

This morning I woke up feeling worse than yesterday. It seems as the virus has moved from my chest, to top of head to center of head. I sound froggy, have a headache, runny nose and cough. The DayQuil isn't doing jack for me. I also took some Midol, which isn't really helping either.

I want to go home. I might. I will be in to work tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday) because I am behind on my clients. I am functioning at a very low level today. But not as bad off as the Pope, that's for sure.

No comments: