April 13, 2005

Busy workday and bowling

Today was just another busy work day. What can I say about it? One of my clients from last week has been particuarly a pain in the neck. Client BW, contact "Lisa" ( Not her real name) is pissy at me because things didn't go right with her three site launches. Too many little details to bore you with. Let's just say, I am willing to be 40% responsible in the issues. However.... I emailed her, left her messages etc. and there were lots of delays as a result. She blames me. Shame on her. THEN, two of the chicks who work on the other two stores (Lisa was my main contact) call me because Lisa never gave them the information that I told her she needed to give them. They couldn't figure out why their access wasn't right. That's because LISA never set it up or communicated it to them. Blah, blah, blah. That, along with a few other calls really interrupted my three project goals of the week, much to the dismay of the powers that be. So, I worked on one of the three tonight for about three hours on the laptop and modem. It was slow, but I did get a bunch of stuff done on the key client.

We (COMPANYNAME.COM) went bowling tonight right after work. I sucked, or should I say, fell below my excellent average of 74 (ha ha ha) but I had a good time with my co-workers. Some of them like Steve, Jai and Chris are pretty good. Even the Big Enchilada held his own. Enchilada #2 brought his wife and kids. The little one (Mini Enchilada) bowled and he's not even three years old. Now that I am warmed up, Thursday I should be on top of my game. ha ha ha.

I really need to swim tomorrow, but still feel congested and cloudy. It would be good for me, so maybe I will bring my stuff and go after work. We shall see how the day carries me. Hopefully it won't carry me off into the deep end.

No comments: