April 20, 2005

It’s been ages… What’s going on?

Well, it HAS been ages since my last blog. The last few weeks have been really busy at work and let’s face it; I have been stressed and depressed. Having a cold for three weeks didn’t help any. But a couple of my projects were transferred to Greg and Mark G., so that helped me focus on getting Client Crazy D and CC done. I thank Greg and MG for helping me out. I think it kept me from jumping off the roof. Oh, the other day, there were people on the roof hammering away. Not conducive to a positive work situation. As I last noted, my team was in first place. Yippee for us! I am weeks away from getting my own bowling ball and bag. Exciting, I know.

Friday
I got my ticket to CA. I am really excited about going. And if that wasn’t exciting enough, I went to a really great concert at the Flynn, starring Broadway’s Audra MacDonald. Her mother turns out, worked for UVM. Audra interacted with the audience (always a performer plus), sang new songs by up-and-coming Broadway composers. She sang a couple of classics including Kermit’s classic song. Almost made me cry. One of the funniest stories was when she was performing in front of Bill Cosby and his wife at the Kennedy Center, she selected a song that she thought would be sweet and special for the couple. However, it made Bill yell from his seat in mock-annoyance. The song I believe is called “Bill” and it’s from the musical, Show Boat. The song is not exactly complimentary towards Bill. She didn’t tell us the song until after she told the story, so whenever the character describes Bill (not very flattering) we all laughed. There were some pretty hilarious songs as well as lullabies and sad songs. At the end, they passed out champagne and Lake Champlain Chocolates. Yum! What a wonderful evening it was. I would love to see Savion Glover and Cinderella which are coming very soon to the Flynn.

Saturday the hair before...
After a .2 lose at WW, I went to a cosmetology school (where one of my co-worker’s wife works) and got my haircut. That’s right. Cut. I know, you want to see the front. I will post another picture when I get the right looking one. Anyhoo, back to the story...It was wonderful! Carrie and her sister Mary were also there getting their hair done. While Carrie was finishing up, Mary and I ate lunch at the Asian Bistro in Williston. Pretty good Asian cuisine. I would love to go there again. Then we met up with Carrie and went to the movie theater. Carrie and Mary were going to see “Sin City”, but as I had already seen it, I went to see “Sahara”. It was horrendous. Even the joy seeing Matthew Maconoughey wasn’t there. I think it was his extra white teeth. I can’t even tell you how much his teeth distracted from the film. Okay, there were about 5 or 6 writers on the project, which also spells doom. For a movie that cost over $120 MILLION to make, it sure sucked. The wide, vast desert scenes (which could have been lovely) sucked. The white man and exotic foreign woman save the day in Mali. Then there is the goofy and smart sidekick. Need I go on? I think not. It sucked. When I got out of the theater, I headed over to Marshalls, for some aimless wandering. Summer sandals are out now. Apparently in Vermont, we are headed into rain, rain, and mud. So I am thinking that sandals aren’t appropriate just yet. Carrie called because her sister was gone. After a little search, it was discovered that Mary, who didn’t like Carrie’s movie choice, went into another movie. All ended well. We went out to eat at the Ponderosa, which is a crappy buffet and steak place like the Sizzler. I had ordered a medium steak, and it was rare, verging on still pumping blood. Yeah. That gross. All in all, it was a good day. And the weather was clear and super sunny.

Sunday
I went to church and afterwards I went to Costco, watched some dvds, took a nap. Basically spent the day just chillin’. I was going to go out and about, but by the time I really started formulating a plan, it was too late.

Monday – Wednesday
Filled with more excitement than I can write about. Work, TV, read, eat, poop, sleep. That about sums it up. Tonight I went and saw “Bride and Prejudice”. Hmmm. I should have suspected it was an Indian musical. I think if I had known that, I would have been more mentally prepared. It wasn’t entirely awful. Much better than “Lagaan”. The costumes were beautiful and brilliantly colored. The main actress and actor were gorgeous. The dancing was fun. And the story was based on Jane Austin’s book, Pride and Prejudice. It was a Bollywood spin on a classic. Totally worth the $2 I spent (plus kid pack.)

1 comment:

Emi said...

So cute!!! Love it! Can't wait to see the front.