May 01, 2006

Saturday - The WEIGH IN

Saturday was the end of the fast. I feel it was a really good and important thing for me. I don't suggest it to everybody. You have to be in the right state of mind to do it and do it right.

I had no hunger issues.

I wasn't tired (except for working an 18 hour day here, a 30ish hour day there...)

I learned how to feel the "throat" hunger (which is really that I am thirsty, bored, stressed, need to chew something like gum...) and stomach hunger. Durning this process, I was tempted with food several times and didn't succumb. Nor did I feel cheated and left out.

Spiritually I am calmer about the whole eating and Client Flintstone thing. Though I think Rep N is wacked out of her head, I know everything will work out eventually. I worked hard and did make mistakes here and there, but tried to do the best I could.

Kick staring WW again was important to me with this fast. So, when I weighed in on Saturday morning I was informed that I had lost 14 lbs. I know it's not a shocker considering what my daily diet consisted of. But it was a great way to start my week. I also have written down in my journal what I am eating, which is an important WW thing to do. I couldn't be more pleased.

It is nice to eat food again, and I am trying to remember what I learned this past week about recognizing hunger. For those of you with more normal eating habits you already know this part. Those of us who have used emotions to guage our hunger have a hard course to chart out in order to learn how to be more like you.

No comments: