September 21, 2008

Car stuff, sick and hope on the horizon

So I am still going through this car withdawl thing, two and a half months into it. I know I won't be able to last through winter. But there is hope. I got pre-approved. What that means is the world of car shopping is open to me (at least for the next 90 days). I can use it, or not. That's the beauty of it. I can use the maximum amount or not. I can get a junker or a new car. It makes me feel so much better just having that in my pocket, ready to go.

But I am still excited at times to not have a car. No parking worries. No payments in loans or insurance. No worries about theft. No gas price worries. I really like that. Plus, yesterday my friend Erika took me around on some much needed errands (laundry, groceries, movie, etc) and we had a great time. We go to the same laundromat so it worked out well for her to take me.

I have a cough and cold thing going on which is a bummer. Cough, cough, cough. Clear throat. Sniffle. Rinse, repeat. It's really annoying but over the counter meds don't do crap. Oh well, hopefully it will be over in a week and not two months like the last one.

I have also realized I need to get on the horn about dealing with my depression. It is affecting me mentally and physically. It's just too much of an effort to arrange to see a therapist/doctor without a car. I did find one who has an office within walking distance from my apartment, so maybe I should contact them?

Maybe I should.

No comments: