December 01, 2005

I need a pat on the back...

As a blog is a place to vent, let me take a moment....

I worked my ass off on Client Dutch with the help of several co-workers. I did in 3.5 weeks what normally takes 6-8. I completed the project not only before vacation, but on time.

So where is the thanks? Not a word from the executives that I/we did a great job and things went really smoothly. Nothing. That sucks. I am in need for attention and acknowledgement for a joob well done. With the lack of response, it makes me really want to go back to working my 8 hours and leaving. (Which I suppose I should do anyhow.) Is this asking for too much? Maybe I am being a baby about it, but when it is drilled into your head that the project MUST BE DONE ON TIME and it is not only done on time, but EARLY (okay, only a couple of days...) I expect some form of thank you from my superiors to my team.

It's so annoying and frustrating.

Thanks for listening. I am done, for now.... :-)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'll pat you on the back. :)

Mrs. Han Solo said...

Thanks Stephanie! I feel better now. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's how I felt when we launched dcom98. We were having our cocktail party out on the balconey and Richard, who at that point was the President, said absolutely nothing to me.