May 03, 2005

Recap of the weekend, bowling and...well, you know...

Though Thursday, the Gallactic Gutter Gals lost, we had a good time. The team we played against was a fun team. This week is going to be the last game of the season and league. I get a ball and bag for my efforts. I am really excited about that. We also get pizza. Should be a fun night.

The weekend did not avail itself to anything fantastical or really that memorable. Sad, as it is only Tuesday and I can't think of many things I did this past weekend. I did some errands, tried to spend money but couldn't find what I wanted, saw a movie or two and went to Carrie's house to talk with her family about coming to CA. I did see The big screen version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," with Elissa, Rocky, Mark and Carrie. It was entertaining. I enjoyed it. I don't think I liked it as much as the British radio show from the 80s. I remember that being hilarious. Stilll, it was enjoyable. Oh, I also dyed my hair. Not to worry, I didn't go Tori Amos red or Lindsay Lohan blond. It is dark burgandy red. I thought about going blond, but the upkeep for the eyebrows alone would drive me nuts. I went to the same place I got it cut. Wick's wife, Megan, goes to school there. Melissa, my stylist, did a fabu job.

I would like to take a moment to mention that I woke up at 6:30 this morning, no alarm. That is becoming more and more the norm for me. If you could see how dang bright it is in my apartment, you would understand. I feel like it is noon. So freakin' bright. I need to get some dark curtains, but I can't find any. I have been looking for months. Mabye I just need to buy some fabric and do it myself. I just want it a little darker. I suppose those who hate the gloom and darkness of winter just don't get why I am having such issues with the light here. It's just brighter here. I like sunshine, don't get me wrong. Enough of this tangent. It's going nowhere.

So, at Carrie's house, we talked a little bit about the trip and where they could go when they were done with Disneyland. They are staying in Disneyland for 4 nights. Maybe it's the jaded Californian in me, but I think after they are there for two days, they will have had their fill. They might go down to San Diego. That would be cool. I hope they do. San Diego is so beautiful. Carrie will join me on Thursday and Friday for Hollywood stuff. That'll be fun. I am so excited about going to Ca. I am geting booked up, being the social butterfly that I am. I am even making swimming dates with a few of my triathlon peeps. I haven't been swimming much, which sucks. I need to step it up, but I only have two weeks before visiting with them. I am also planning on working a day or two when I am there.

Best be off to work.

No comments: