May 12, 2005

About people, vacation and music that moves me...

My friend Steve's wife, Melinda McGraw is guest-appearing on ABC's Desperate Housewives. She was on last week, and it looks like she will be on this Sunday too!! Way to go, Melinda!

I have major vacation brain. I did a load of laundry last night and began packing. I have so many clothes and shoes I want to bring back, that I am trying to pack a suitcase within a suitcase. I have a bunch of suitcases, so why buy a new one? Then on the other hand, it might be worth it. It is going to be a long day, mentally at work. I have so much to do work-wise and I am constantly thinking about California. I am so excited to go. Tomorrow morning, Mark G. has offered to take me to the airport.

Sad news from my landlord. His sister-in-law has a brain tumor. She's in her 60s, and is a breast cancer survivor. It's so sad. I am thankful that cancer doesn't run in my family, and grateful for my health. Wow.

You know how you have songs in your life that are attached to specific moments or times? Or songs that just move you? I have too many to name, but I was just listening to some Itunes and there are a few tunes I love to play and replay. If I am in an ass-kicking mood, I tend to go for Green Day. If I am in a mellow, sensitive mood it might be Motzart, Josh Groban or some jazz. I really love the soundtrack from the Rocketeer. Today I have been on the phone so much with clients that I haven't been able to listen to my music. :(

No comments: