July 12, 2008

Bus and carpooling

So a few weeks ago, one of the ladies at work hooked me up with a carpooling buddy. Dora, is a new hire in our Support department and lives close enough to me so she has to pass my way onto work. We have been carpooling to and from work for the last two weeks. It is going really well. I would say the only drawback (if you can even call this one) is that I have to leave at 5pm if I want a ride home. All that means is that I have to work harder at being done with work at 5. If I had a car, I would probably stay later than I should. I am being green, which is nice. I am hoping I can do this at least through July, if not the whole summer.

I have also been taking the bus. Today, I walked about 15 minutes to the bus stop, and took a bus to the U-mall (largest mall in Vermont. Smaller than the Glendale Galleria, about the size of the Media Center mall in Burbank). After about 10 minutes, I took another bus to Williston, which is about a 20 minute bus ride. I walked around for a little bit and ended up seeing Journey to the Center of the Earth. After that, I walked around a bit more and then popped back onto the bus for the journey home. It ended up being a whole day event. I had a good time and the bus ran often enough so I didn't feel like I was wasting my time.

Between carpooling, walking and bussing, it's a little inconvenient, but not too bad. So far it's working well.

No comments: