September 19, 2006

G-store - doing dishes stealing sushi

I know I have much to blog about summer. However, this is a short update I can do while I have my wits about me at the end of a long day.

So last week, I was working at the g-store. I got there a little early so I could get a little dinner for later. I got some sushi. It looked almost exactly like this:
Yum. I left it in the store bag in the employee kitchen. I went to work doing checkout and bagging as always. The Sup asks me to go help Deli out with closing down. I had never done that before. I asked them what I could do to help, and they set me up to washing dishes. I didn't really mind it, but I kept thinking about the pile of dishes I had in my sink at home. After piles of trays, spoons and knives, I was done. From what I understand, the night manager is suppose to help Deli out, not a checker. She didn't want to do dishes. I think that is lame.
Around 9:15, it was time for my break. I go upstairs to eat my sushi. No sushi. I looked through the piles of bags and containers. No sushi. What the hell happened? There hadn't been any other sushi. I had checked that before leaving it. Did somebody throw it out? Did somebody eat it? WHERE'S MY SUSHI? Luckily, I had backup food that I had bought for dinner Thursday. I was pissed. I put up a sign asking the thief to slip the $5 I paid for the food in my locker. When I packed up for the end of the day, the sign was in the trash can. Did the thief do that out of guilt? There were only a handful of peoples working in the evening between 7 and 9 when the sushi went missing.

I was pissed, but never got the sushi thing resolved. Next time I will clearly label my food and set a thumbprint activation scanner on the outside of the package.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What is it with people taking other people's lunches? I swear that used to happen to me at least 25% of the time at work! And always the good lunches.